In conjunction with The Institute for Disease Control Africa, Silverlab’s ionic+ Colloidal Silver has undergone extensive testing on the African Horse Sickness (AHS) virus.
The effectiveness of Silverlab ionic+ Colloidal Silver’s antimicrobial action at extremely low doses in combination with its potential immune stimulating actions, makes ionic+ Colloidal Silver an ideal naturally occurring substance in the treatment of AHS. In addition, the solution has also been tested, by an independent laboratory, and found to have an excellent safety profile (even in extremely high doses).
Silver compounds have been used as medicine since the late 1800’s and have been used as a treatment against infections. Silver is an effective antibiotic because, depending on the particular microbe, it either blocks the enzymatic use of oxygen, inhibits DNA replication, or interferes with microbial energy production. At least 650 types of bacteria, fungi, and viruses can be killed by silver, and with its multiple ways of interfering with microbial function, it is less likely to play a role in the development of resistant strains.
In the CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics (80th edition) 2000, it states, “Silver has germicidal effects and kills many lower organisms effectively without harm to higher animals.” Another study published in 1992 in Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications also demonstrated silver’s effectiveness against HIV with an absence of toxicity and that silver is only toxic to bacteria and viruses and not to human or animal cells.
ROUTE OF ADMINISTRATION
Oral: Silverlab ionic+ Colloidal Silver tastes almost like pure water with just a slight mineral taste, so it is easily administered orally. Use a syringe or put the liquid over their food.
Lungs: Colloidal silver has to be one of the most versatile natural immune system boosters – not only can it be used in an incredibly sensitive area such as the eyes, but it can be turned into mist with a nebulizer and used to treat respiratory problems like asthma, bronchitis and pneumonia.
IV: Should your horse not be able to ingest the liquid orally, Silverlab ionic+ Colloidal Silver may be placed in the drip and administered intravenously.
CAUSES OF AHS
The spread of the disease is directly linked to the midge activity in the area, and this is dependent on a number of conditions, such as rainfall, temperature, breeding sites and soil types. Areas that have sandy soils seem to have less midge activity than areas with clay-based soils. The high rainfall we have been experiencing increases the breeding cycle of the vector and therefore increases the transmission of the disease.
- Use fly spray and spray the stables before sunrise and sunset
- install insect catchers
- limit entry points with shade cloth
- install a fan, as midges are attracted to horse odours and carbon dioxide
- check your horse’s temperature morning and night, as the virus usually starts with a fever. A horse’s normal temperature should be between 37.5 – 38.5 degrees Celsius, pulse between 38-40 beats/minute, and respiration between 8-15 breaths/minute.
- check the groove above the eyes for swelling
Some symptomatic treatments have shown to help horses fight the disease in general:
- Horses showing any signs of the virus must be treated symptomatically without delay, as the disease develops extremely fast once symptoms begin to show.
- Rest is extremely important. Do not move the horse to a different place or upset its routine. If the horse lies down a lot to sleep, turn it quietly every two to four hours, to aid breathing and blood circulation. A recumbent horse should rather be lying on its chest than flat on its side.
- The horse must not be stressed in any way, including transport, tubing, exercising and the injection process.
- A recovered horses must not receive light work for six weeks. Ideally, an ill horse should have a week of rest for every day it was ill.
- Horses respond well to lots of attention and TLC.
- Eye ointment helps keep eyes and exposed membranes moist and alleviates pain. A fly mask helps keep flies away.
- Vitamin C (6 g daily) is an antioxidant shown to be helpful in combating viruses and boosting the immune system.
Silverlab’s ionic+ Colloidal Silver has received testimonials from horse and yard owners, who have used the Silverlab protocol with significant success.
“African Horse Sickness (AHS) is a big fear for horse owners. Four years ago I discovered the benefits of Silverlab’s ionic+ Colloidal Silver to help horses through very serious cases of AHS. In fact, Silverlab’s ionic+ Colloidal Silver is the key element of my remedy in successfully pulling horses through viral fevers. The results can be seen rapidly.
Having observed the results of this dedicated Silverlab research into the AHS virus, it is simply silly not to try their product. I find that you can’t go wrong with ionic+ Colloidal Silver.” Lauren, April 2022
WORK WITH SILVERLAB
Silverlab has formulated a specific strong solution for horses, for those who would like to self-medicate their horses and is making this available 2 x 100 ml doses, per bottle at R299.00 per dose (excl. VAT)
To order now, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Silverlab is looking to partner with an organisation or an individual who will continue with the formal testing of the solution with the aim of formal registration.
If you would like to join hands with us in the fight against AHS, kindly contact us on email@example.com