The immune system is the key to fighting every kind of insult to the body, from that little shaving nick to the myriad of mutated viruses that seem to abound theses days.
Symptoms & Causes
In its simplest terms, the task of the immune system is to identify those things that naturally belong in the body and those that are foreign or otherwise harmful material, and then to neutralize or destroy the foreign material.
Weakening of the immune system results in increased susceptibility to virtually every type of illness.
It is estimated that healthy adults in our society have an average of two colds a year. However, people who have significantly more colds and infectious illnesses than that are likely to, have some problem with their immune function.
Colloidal Silver For The Immune System
Professor Patrick Bouic, chief technical officer at a biotechnology company and professor at the University of Stellenbosch said the following:
“All sickness and disease has an inflammatory component. Taken as a tonic, Silverlab Liquid most likely helps to normalize the body at a cellular level, allowing the immune system to operate more efficiently. It helps your body to heal itself.”
Directions For Use For Colloidal Silver For The Immune System
Take 10ml Silverlab Colloidal Silver Liquid twice daily before meals. Swish around in the mouth for 2 minutes before swallowing.
Additional Healthy Lifestyle & Nutritional Tips
Two of the most common immune suppressors include stress and an incorrect diet, especially a diet high in fat and refined processed foods.
Supply your immune system with adequate amounts of nutrients and promote proper immune function. Some of the most valuable include:
- Vitamin A is an anti-infection vitamin.
- Vitamin C may be the single most important vitamin for the immune system. Vitamin C should be taken with bioflavonoids, natural plant substances that enhance absorption and reinforce the action of this vitamin.
- Vitamin E interacts with vitamins A and C and the mineral selenium, acting as a primary antioxidant and scavenger of toxic free radicals. Vitamin E activity is an integral part of the body’s defence system.
- Zinc boosts the immune response and promotes the healing of wounds when used in appropriate doses. It also helps to protect the liver. Doses over 100 milligrams per day may actually depress immune function, however.
- Begin a diet of fresh fruits and vegetables (preferably raw or steamed) plus nuts, seeds, grains, and other foods that are high in fibre.
- Include in your diet chlorella, garlic, and pearl barley.
- Consume “green drinks” daily.
- Avoid excess animal products.
- Avoid all processed foods, sugar, and soda.
- Use spirulina.
- Avoid stress.
- Get regular moderate exercise.
- Avoid overeating.
- Do not smoke or consume beverages containing alcohol or caffeine.
- Do not take any recreational drugs.
Natural Health Tips For Building your Immune System – From Jan J Lategan
Dr Jan J Lategan is an independent scientific researcher, author, and lecturer on natural health in Welgemoed, South Africa. In his book, Natural Health Tips, Mr Lategan discusses the immune system and various natural immune system disease treatments.
Below is an extraction from the book (used with permission). Bookmark this page for future reference!
- Auto-Immune Diseases
- Chronic Fatigue
- H1N1 Influenza (Swine Flu)
- Influenza (Flu)
- Glandular Fever
Definition: When the immune system mistakenly attacks its own body cells.
Examples: Crohn’s Disease, Endometriosis, Lupus, Multiple Sclerosis, Psoriasis, Restless legs, Rheumatic fever, rheumatic arthritis, AIDS and diabetes in children.
Treatment: Usually all inflammations are treated with corticosteroids (cortisone). It is a very effective conventional anti-inflammatory agent. However, it suppresses your immunity in the long term and can also damage the mucous membranes of the stomach. Glucosamine turmeric, Echinacea and MSM are natural alternatives that are effective and not harmful.
Note: Auto-immune diseases are unfortunately inherited, so take care in good time.
Echinacea enhances the activity of the immune system, i.e. it stimulated the overall activity of white blood cells attacking any infectious organisms. Unlike antibiotics, which destroy cells (like cancer cells) effectively and render them harmless.
There are more than 500 scientific studies that document the chemistry, pharmacology and clinical benefits of Echinacea. Echinacea especially stimulates phagocytises. This is the process by which white blood cells recognize foreign organisms, and literally consume and destroy them.
Echinacea increases the amount and activity of the white blood cells. Echinacea contains sterols and sterolins isolated from the African wild potato plant or pine nuts. All plants contain sterols and sterolins which are unfortunately destroyed during normal cooking processes. The sterols and sterolins are very strong immunity supporters. Echinacea also contains other active ingredients such are the Quercetin flavonoids.
Immunity: Where Echinacea is used to treat an infection Immuno Choice is taken to build immunity. It contains grape seed extract, green teas extract, flavonoids, sterols and sterolins which make it a perfect antioxidant and immune builder. Green tea combats stress, which breaks down immunity, and thus helps in repelling cancer.
Infections: Colloidal Silver is a powerful natural antibiotic that fights all infections. It kills all bacteria, viruses and fungi quickly without any side effects. The colloidal silver ions reach any germs (which cause diseases and infections) throughout the body and destroy them on contact. Take 5 – 15ml per day on an empty stomach.
Remarks: Prescribed antibiotics can only kill bacteria. Red blood cells are produced in the bone marrow – 200 billion per day. White blood cells provide the defensive line for the body.
[Natural Health Tips 2012 Jan J. Lategan pg.7]
Possible Symptoms: Frequent and excessive urination; extreme thirst; obesity; fatigue; impotence; weight loss; bloodshot eyes; numbness in feet; dizziness; coma. It is the heredity type and usually occurs before age 30; also called insulin-dependent diabetes. This is a classic example of an autoimmune disease.
Possible Consequences: Poor circulation, especially in the legs and feet; slow wound healing, especially in the legs; gangrene; amputation. Get medical advice.
Main Cause: Cow’s milk; definitely avoid it. Gluten is another possible cause, do the gluten test. See Gluten Intolerance. Sources of gluten: Wheat, rye, barley, oats, white vinegar. Supplement Support: Niacin-amide [children:1000mgx2; adults:1000mgx3]; 5ml Colloidal Silver every 1-2 hours [rinse mouth of 1 minute before swallowing]
[Natural Health Tips 2012 Jan J. Lategan pg.24]
Definition: Lupus is an auto-immune disease caused by a virus causing inflammation of various parts of the body.
Symptoms: Fatigue; impaired immunity; kidney problems; chronic low fever; arthritis; light sensitivity; anaemia; joint pain; red skin blotches.
Causes: Heredity; viral infections; excessive antibiotics; excess prescription medications; allergies; stress; Candida fungal disease; chronic fatigue.
Lifestyle: Avoid all smoke, tomatoes, eggplants and peppers.
- Spray colloidal silver every half an hour in the moth to kill the viruses and fungi.
- Echinacea [1×2] [6 days a week] to kill viruses, combat infections and improve immunity.
- Two small teaspoons turmeric or Arthro Choice to combat inflammation and arthritis.
- Stress Vite or Magnesium Slow Release or Green tea capsules to combat stress.
- MSM for pain in muscles and joints and to combat inflammation in joints, kidneys and skin.
- Immuno Choice capsules to improve immunity; it’s vary important.
- Omega 3 or Flaxseed capsules [1×3] to combat inflammation.
- Consider Dischem’s B-Complex [2×2] or Revite Super B [1×2] to protect the heart, blood vessels, nervous system, joints, skin, mucous membranes etc, and accelerate healing.
Results can be experienced within a month.
[Natural Health Tips 2012 Jan J. Lategan pg.53]
Possible Symptoms: Debilitating fatigue, mood-swings, frequent infections, weight problems, depression, irritability, dizziness, fainting, palpitations, night sweats, low blood sugar, ringing in the ears, poor appetite, muscle weakness, poor immunity, sore throat, memory loss, poor concentration.
Possible Causes: Underactive thyroid, iodine deficiency, viruses, poor immunity, Candida fungal disease, adrenal exhaustion, low blood sugar, food allergies, diabetes, deficiencies in magnesium, B6 and Omega 3 + 6; lazy liver, stress, metal poisoning, hip or back problems.
The cause of the above symptoms is often an under-active thyroid.
- Many people with chronic fatigue benefit from treatment by a chiropractor.
- Only one in 10 000 people who see a doctor for chronic fatigue, in fact has the disease. Many more have fibromyalgia which causes similar symptoms as chronic fatigue. See Fatigue and Fibromyalgia.
- Walk 20 min, per day or 30 minutes four times a week and doing breathing exercises.
- Sunlight stimulates the pituitary gland in the brain which in turn positively influences the thyroid. Spend 10 – 15 min. within the first hour after sunrise outside and facing the east without dark glasses or use a multivitamin with Vitamin D, the sunshine Vitamin.
- Avoid peanut butter and mustard, which impedes the functioning of the thyroid.
- Yoghurt AB [1 litre per week][+- 150ml per day] provides good bacteria to the intestine and thus stimulates the immune system.
- Constipation: Kelp tablets [2×2]. See Constipation.
- Avoid or reduce confectionary, alcohol, dairy products and wheat temporary and monitor health.
- Reduce colas, sodas, Ceylon tea, croissants, pastries, cakes, treats.
Test for food allergies: Measure your pulse rate. Eat something you suspect you may be allergic to. Wait 20-30 minutes and measure your pulse rate again. If it increased by 10 or more, you are allergic to that food and should avoid. It.
Supplements: Kelp tables [2×3]; Royal Jelly capsules; Echinacea [1×2; 6 days per week]; Stress Vite; Colloidal Silver; Milk Thistle; Q10; Immuno Choice; Ginseng; Probiotics; Flaxseed; Magnesium SR [500mg].
Note: Chronic fatigue is sometimes regarded as a medicinal incurable disease by doctors. The above supplements are intended to:
- Improve the functioning of the thyroid and adrenal glands; do the two home tests.
- Eliminate Candida fungal disease and parasites.
- Improve immunity, kill viruses and relieve stress.
- Address deficiencies in magnesium, B6 and Omega 3 + 6.
[Natural Health Tips 2012 Jan J. Lategan pg.16]
Definition: The human immunodeficiency virus or HIV results in acquired immune deficiency syndrome of AIDS. AIDS developes when the body can no longer suppress diseases such as pneumonia and TB. There is no cure or vaccine against HIV or AIDS.
Symptoms: Fatigue; fever with chills or night sweats; joint or muscle pain; sore throat; swollen glands; coughs; colds; cold sores; yeast or other infections; loss of appetite; weight loss; diarrhoea; purple marking on the skin.
Remark: Visit your nearest clinic for tests and treatment.
Causes: HIV is carried in the body fluids e.g. blood, semen and breast milk. It can spread during sex or exposure to contaminated blood. The virus does not spread through coughing or sharing drinking cups as many other viruses do.
Lifestyle: Stop smoking; exercise regularly; avoid junk food, sugar, alcohol and caffeine.
Supporting supplements: Rinse mouth with and swallow Colloidal Silver every 2 hours; Immuno Choice; Q10; Zinc [30mg] and capper [2mg]; NAC [500mg x 3]; Turmeric [1/2 tsp x 3]; Bromelain [500mg x 3]; Flaxseed oil [1 tablespoon]; Life Gain powder [on empty stomach]; Selenium with Vitamin E; Echinacea plus [1×2][6 days per week]. Supplements can be taken along with conventional medicine.
[Natural Health Tips 2012 Jan J. Lategan pg.41]
H1N1 Influenza (Swine Flu)
Background: The H1N1 flu virus 2009 is a new virus that had only occurred in pigs and birds at the time. It has now been found in humans. It has the same symptoms as ordinary flu, but spreads more quickly, as we have no immunity against it.
The difference between ordinary flu and swine influenza is that it attacks young and healthy people. About 50% of people that die from the new flu are healthy people between 15 and 50 years old. It usually wakens your immunity and causes pneumonia.
A person with the virus sneezes or coughs, and you come into contact with the contaminated droplets; kissing; using a cell phone or normal telephone or sharing a glass with someone who has the disease.
General Danger Signs: Sudden fever of 38 deg. C or above and sudden cough. Fatigue; stuffy or runny now; short of breath; sneezing; sore throat; aching body; nausea; vomiting or diarrhoea; headache; cold shivers.
High Risk Persons: People with a low immunity; people who are really overweight; pregnant women; children younger that 5 years; persons between 15 and 50 years of age; persons older than 65 years of age; persons with chronic lung diseases such as asthma, diabetes or heart disease; HIV sufferers; people with autoimmune diseases such as Lupus, Crohn etc.
Prevention: [the Solution][Prevention is better than cure]
Build up your immunity with Immuno Choice, Garlic capsules and Vitamin C.
Avoid people who you suspect have the disease.
Avoid kissing goodbye, hugging or even a handshake as long as the virus is still with us.
Wash your hands as often as possible and wipe door handles regularly.
Drink tow sips of water before you leave a warm room in winter, especially at night and early morning.
Avoid gathering of many people.
Treatment: You cannot easily distinguish between ordinary flu and swine influenza. A laboratory test costs R600 – R850 and it takes time before you get the results. The World Health Organization recommends that all at risk take anti-virus drugs as soon as possible and not to wait for the lab results, regardless of the severity of their symptoms:
With a temperature of 38+ and a sudden cough and other symptoms, the conventional viral killer Tamiflu or Relenza will be prescribed. [About R270 for 5 days]. If it is not available yet, you can use the following natural virus killers [counter] use: Colloidal Silver and Echinacea or Echinacea Plus. Half a glass Colloidal Silver and Echinacea Plus [Dischem] with first signs. Then 5ml Colloidal Silver every two hours [rinse for one minute before swallowing] and Echinacea Plus [2×2; 6 days per week]. The supplements must be taken at the first signs.
Low risk people with mild symptoms should be homebound, rest, drink plenty of fluids and stay warm. Consider Colloidal Silver. The same goes for low-risk persons who have had contact with a flu case.
- If your immunity is low, you usually get pneumonia. In addition to the antibiotics that you should get, you still need a virus killer and admission to a clinic is ideal.
- For painful muscles and joints take the natural anti-inflammatory drug MSM.
- Avoid Cortisone, which have side effects.
- It is contagious as long as the symptoms are there.The breeding period can be as little as two days.
- Colloidal Silver and Echinacea can also be used as a precautionary measure, but not Tamiflu and Relenza.
- Most people recover within about a week.
[Natural Health Tips 2012 Jan J. Lategan pg.43]
Cause: It is a viral disease; prescription antibiotics kill only bacteria, not viruses.
Symptoms: Fever, painful joints, headaches, congestion.
Prevention: Influenza is the body’s message that your immunity is low; increase it with Immuno Choice, especially during wintertime; two sips of tap water when you go outside from a warm room in the winter, especially at night or early morning; sleep with open windows, drink garlic capsules.
Cure: Echinacea Plus or Viral Choice; Colloidal Silver [one cup at first sign], then 5ml every two hours and gargle; Vitamin C [500mg after each meal]; garlic capsules; cook with plenty of onions and drink 2-3 glasses of apple juice, it dries a running nose.
Cause: Glandular fever is caused by the Epstein-Barr virus transmitted in the saliva.
Symptoms: Fever, sweating, sore throat, enlarged lymph glands in the neck, headache, fatigue, poor appetite.
Note: After the first attack you will be immune to the virus for life.
- Drink plenty of fluids and rest if you have a fever.
- Avoid severe exercise while the spleen is enlarged and a few weeks longer.
- Drink plenty of fluids and rest if you have a fever.
- Avoid severe exercise while the spleen is enlarged and a few weeks longer.
- Immuno Choice to increase immunity so the body can fight off the virus.
- Colloidal Silver: gargle 5ml every two hours; it destroys the virus, cures the sore throat and prevents or improves other symptoms.
- The antiviral herb Echinacea: [1×2][6 days per week]
[Natural Health Tips 2012 Jan J. Lategan pg.35]
Causes: Multivitamin deficiency and therefore a weak immune system; Caused by the same virus as chicken pox, which is dormant from childhood.
- Half a glass colloidal Silver at first sign; then 5ml every two hours, swirling in the mouth for 40+ seconds, it kills the virus; wonder cure for shingles.
- Apply Colloidal silver gel on skin or spray colloidal silver spray on skin every hour. It kills the site germs within five minutes, stops the itching and heals the rash.
- Two small teaspoons turmeric in water per day; it is anti-inflammatory.
Supplement support: Good multivitamin e.g. Biogen or Bio-Strath; Immuno Choice for immunity; Quiet Night [Heath and Heather] or Melatonin [3mg slow release] for a good night’s sleep; Green tea capsules or Magnesium SR or “Stress Vite to combat stress.
[Natural Health Tips 2012 Jan J. Lategan pg.74]
Reproduced with permission from Natural Health Tips 2012 by Jan J. Lategan. Purchase Jan’s amazing book by phoning him on 021 913 2382 or 082 290 2281. The books are available in English and Afrikaans. Every household should have one.