Treating Ear Infections With Colloidal Silver
Colloidal silver for ear infections is perhaps the world’s simplest and most effective natural cure due to the fact that it has a very broad spectrum antibiotic, antiviral and anti-fungal qualities. Being an all-natural liquid, it can be easily dropped into the ear using a standard eyedropper without any side-effects.
Description & Symptoms
It’s been estimated that 75% of all children suffer from some type of ear infection by the age of three.
External Otitis (Swimmer’s Ear)
- Swimmer’s Ear affects the outer ear. It may be preceded by an upper respiratory infection or an allergic reaction to some foods, most commonly dairy products.
- The ear canal, extending from the eardrum to the outside, becomes inflamed and swollen.
- Symptoms can include slight fever, discharge from the ear, and pain, often severe throbbing that worsens when the earlobe is touched or pulled.
Otitis Media (Middle Ear Infection)
- Middle ear infections are very common in infants and children. This infection is behind the eardrum, where the small bones of the ear are located.
- Air pressure is regulated in this area by the Eustachian or auditory tube, which runs from the ear to the back of the nasal cavity.
- A severe middle ear infection can cause perforation of the eardrum. If this happens, it can actually cause a sudden reduction in pain.
- This is because the pain of the ear infection results when pressure builds up in restricted spaces; this pressure on sensitive nerve endings causes pain.
Causes of Ear Infection
- Ear infection is caused by harmful bacteria, viruses or fungi, which are usually preceded by infection in the upper airways.
- If bacteria or viruses get into this space, the area becomes inflamed and fluid starts to build up, causing the sensation of pressure.
- This allows fluids to build up and lie stagnant, giving bacteria an ideal place to grow, rather than draining out.
- Other symptoms include ear ache; sharp, dull, or throbbing pain; a feeling of fullness in the ear; and a fever as high as 103°F or higher.
- A perforated eardrum results in hearing loss and a discharge of bloody fluid from the ear.
- High altitudes and cold temperatures increase discomfort and can worsen an infection.
- Recurring ear infections are generally an indication that an original infection has been resistant to the prescribed treatment.
Bacteria cause most ear infections. The most common types are Streptococcus pneumonia (also called pneumococcus), Haemophilus influenzae, and Moraxella catarrhalis.
Viruses can also lead to ear infections. The respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) and flu (influenza) virus are the most frequent types found.
Ear Infections in Children
- Children often pull at their ears in an attempt to relieve the pressure.
- Unfortunately, in small children the Eustachian tubes run almost horizontally rather than sloping downward.
- In babies, ear ache is often associated with teething. Living in a household where someone smokes can be a contributing factor to ear problems in children as well.
Directions For Using Colloidal Silver For Ear Infections
Purchase a standard eye dropper from your local Pharmacy or Dischem. Lay the head to the one side and apply two drops of Silverlab Liquid into the ear canal. Stay in that position for 2-3 minutes before doing the other side in the same manner.
Healthy Lifestyle & Nutritional Tips
- Eat a balanced diet that includes vegetables, fruits, grains, seeds, and nuts. Eat quality protein from vegetable sources. Increase your intake of raw foods.
- Do not drink soft drinks or eat sugar, chocolate, potato chips, or other junk foods.
- Do not smoke, and avoid second hand smoke.
- Avoid the most common allergenic foods: wheat, dairy products, corn, oranges, peanut butter, and all simple carbohydrates, including sugar, fruits, and fruit juices.
Natural Health Tips From Jan J Lategan
- Rinse your mouth thoroughly or gargle with colloidal silver before you swallow. The silver ions are absorbed through the mucous membranes in your mouth and take a shortcut to your ear where the germs that caused the problem are killed.
Excerpts from Jan J. Lategan’s book, “Natural Health Tips”. Click here to find out where to order the book.
Mommy won’t you fix my ear.
It hurts so bad and I can’t hear.
It’s sort of throbbing deep inside.
Could it be a spider’s hide?
Colloidal liquid drop by drop!
Ought to make the problem stop!