Proven to be effective against viruses and bacteria, colloidal silver can be used safely in the eyes, to treat eye infections, sore eyes, itchy red eyes, sties, cataracts and more.
Description, Symptoms & Uses
Conjunctivitis is an inflammation of the conjunctiva – the membrane that lines the eyelid and wraps around to cover most of the white of the eye.
The eyes may appear swollen and bloodshot; they are often itchy and irritated.
Because the infected membrane is often filled with pus, the eyelids are apt to stick together after being closed for an extended period.
Factors that can contribute to conjunctivitis include bacterial infection, virus, injury to the eye, allergies, and exposure to substances that are irritating to the eye, such as fumes, smoke, contact lens solutions, chlorine from swimming pools, chemicals, makeup, or any other foreign substance that enters the eye.
“Pink eye” refers to a viral infection of the conjunctiva. These infections are especially contagious among children.
New-borns can be infected by bacteria in the birth canal. This condition is called ophthalmia neonatorum, and it must be treated immediately to preserve eyesight.
[Prescription for Nutritional Healing – fourth edition by Phyllis A. Balch, CNC. Page 408]
How Others have Used Silverlab Colloidal Silver to Treat Eye infections and Conjunctivitis
- Use Silverlab Nasal Spray in the eyes. Yes, you read correctly! The Nasal Spray is buffered and will not burn the eyes.
- You can also use the Silverlab Healing Gel to clean the eye if the eyelids are stuck together.
Both these products will work well with soothing the eyes and helping to control infection.
Healthy Lifestyle & Nutritional Tips
- Increase your consumption of green leafy vegetables – especially collar greens, kale, mustard greens spinach and turnip greens – legumes; and yellow vegetables.
- Also, flavonoid-rich berries such as blueberries, blackberries and cherries; and foods rich in vitamins E and C, such as raw fruits and vegetables.
Natural Health Tips From Jan J Lategan
This happens when the tiny capillaries on the surface of the eye are enlarged and filled with blood.
Causes: Warfarin, glaucoma, high blood pressure, diabetes, spastic colon, lazy liver, overstrained eyes.
- Avoid animal fats such as hard cheese, butter, full cream milk, bacon, cream, etc.
- Limit salt to ½ teaspoon per day and drink plenty of water.
- Reduce sugar, sweets and pastries. Use Hermasetas or Sweetex as sweeteners.
- Avoid sweeteners with aspartame and additive MSG (Mono Sodium Glutamate).
- Bilberry capsules for better blood circulation to the eye.
- Magnesium SR if you have glaucoma. It relaxes the eye muscles and decreases the pressure. See Glaucoma.
- Spray the eyes with Colloidal Silver to prevent any infection
- *Flaxseed capsules
- *Eyes Rx or Eye of Dischem with antioxidants for eye health.
[Natural Health Tips 2012 Jan J. Lategan pg.10]
Foreign Body in the Eye
Definition: A scratchy and burning feeling of the eye may be caused by a dust particle or some other substance.
Causes: Working without using eye protection. Hot metal particles from a grinder, chemicals, household cleaning goods, windblown dust, woodworking particles or splashes enters the eye.
Immediate action: Do not rub the eye at all. Flush out with copious clean running water. Use an eye bath if available. A strong magnet (rare earth type) can be used to remove metal particles easily. Spray colloidal silver in eye to prevent infection.
If the condition persists:
- tape the eye closed with some plaster to avoid blinking and thus scratching the eyeball surface.
- visit your doctor.
[Natural Health Tips 2012 Jan J. Lategan pg.34]
Pink Eye (Conjunctivitis)
Cause: It is infection of the membranes that line the inner surface of the eyelid and cover part of the eyeball.
Cure: Spray with colloidal silver to combat infection. Drink plenty of pure apple juice and cook with lots of onions for Quercetin.
[Natural Health Tips 2012 Jan J. Lategan pg.66]
Possible Causes: Malnutrition [poor diet]; B-Vitamin deficiency.
Lifestyle: Avoid white bread, cakes, biscuits, coffee, pizza and pasta as it deplete the B Vitamins. Drink caffeine-free coffee.
Supplements: B-Complex [Dischem][2×2]; Milk Thistle to detox the liver.
Cure: Spray the eyes frequently with colloidal silver spray.
[Natural Health Tips 2012 Jan J. Lategan pg.70]
Causes: Vitamin A deficiency.
Cure: Carrot juice or salad at first signs and spray eyes frequently with fine mist of colloidal silver spray.
[Natural Health Tips 2012 Jan J. Lategan pg.92]
Excerpts from Jan J. Lategan’s book, “Natural Health Tips”. Click here to find out where to order the book.
We used to call it “pink eye” when I was still a lad!
My father used to get it and it was very bad.
Because it was infectious, a towel he didn’t share.
He would use an eye-bath with the very greatest care.
He used boracic powder. That’s all that he could find.
Thank God “conjunctivitis” did not make him go blind.
Today there’s something better. Now just a drop or two
Of our Colloidal Silver, will fix yours up for you!
Pink eye is contagious. Don’t spread it to your friends
Do not share your towels or flannels ‘til it ends.
Use Colloidal Silver three or four times every day
On the inner eye-lid. That’s a successful way,
To deal with this condition. Use Silver Gel or drops.
Often you will find that this is where the pink eye stops.
You could use an eye bath from your favourite Pharmacy.
The undiluted product should work successfully.
Colloidal Silver liquid in the eye bath should be right,
To take away discomfort and help you with your sight.
But if you’re having trouble and it doesn’t go away,
See your health practitioner! Don’t wait another day!