Despite excellent clinical guidelines for the management of nasal conditions such as allergic rhinitis for example, therapy is often unsatisfactory in many patients. A number of reasons for this phenomenon are possible, including ongoing allergic triggers, necessitating the need for an anti-inflammatory nasal spray that is safe and effective for long term use.
In addition, treatment of nasal conditions such as recalcitrant chronic rhinosinusitis is a challenge with increasing antibiotic resistance, leading to re-emergence of topical therapies.
Some of the most common nasal conditions include:
- Colds and Flu
- Nasal congestion
- Hay fever
- Post-nasal drip
Over the years ionic colloidal silver has been proven to be safe and effective in the treatment of such nasal conditions.
A study in the International forum of allergy and rhinology, 2014, concluded that colloidal silver directly attenuates in vitro S. aureus biofilms when used as an antibacterial nasal spray.
A second study by the same forum looked at topical colloidal silver as an anti-biofilm agent in a Staphylococcus aureus chronic rhinosinusitis (CRS) sheep model in 2015. The topical colloidal silver solution had effective anti-biofilm activity in Staphylococcus aureus CRS in a sheep model and appeared safe.
Silverlab is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of high quality 18ppm ionised colloidal silver, including the Silverlab Nasal Spray with the following properties:
Silverlab ionic colloidal silver Nasal Spray helps to support the natural immune defences in the nose. It also helps to alleviate hay fever, allergies and inflammation, and may reduce the redness and discomfort associated with flu and the common cold. It assists to unblock nasal passages and clear nasal congestion and can safely be used for extended periods of time by the whole family.
Use Silverlab Nasal Spray by Blocking off one nostril and spraying 2 sprays into the other nostril while inhaling through the nose. Repeat the same for the other nostril. Wait 5 minutes and then blow the nose into a tissue to clear the nasal passages. Repeat 2 sprays into each nostril as above and repeat 2 to 4 times daily.
Available at Dis-Chem stores, selected Clicks stores, Health Shops and Pharmacies.
For more information, additional scientific references on the safety of Silverlab ionic silver or for the complete product information leaflets, visit the Silverlab website www.silverlab.co.za
- Current Allergy & Clinical Immunology | March 2015 | Vol 28, No 1, Review Article, RL Friedman and M Hockman, Allergic Rhinitis and the ENT Practice
- American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, Patient Health Information, Allergic Rhinitis, Sinusitis, and Rhinosinusitis
- Int Forum Allergy Rhinol.2015 Apr; 5(4):283-8. doi: 10.1002/alr.21459. Epub 2015 Jan 30, Rajiv S, Drilling A, Bassiouni A, James C, Vreugde S, Wormald PJ, Topical colloidal silver as an anti-biofilm agent in a Staphylococcus aureus chronic rhinosinusitis sheep model
- Minerva Pediatr. 2011 Oct; 63(5):347-54, Damiani V, Di Carlo M, Grappasonni G, Di Domenico R, Dominici P, Efficacy of a new medical device based on colloidal silver and carbossimetyl beta glucan in treatment of upper airways disease in children
- Int Forum Allergy Rhinol. 2014 Mar; 4(3):171-5. doi: 10.1002/alr.21259. Epub 2014 Jan 15, Goggin R, Jardeleza C, Wormald PJ, Vreugde S, Colloidal silver nasal spray: a novel treatment for Staphylococcus aureus biofilms
- Glob Adv Health Med. 2013 Jan; 2(1): 32–43, Iris R Bell, MD, PhD and Nancy N Boyer, RN, NP, PA-C, Homeopathic Medications as Clinical Alternatives for Symptomatic Care of Acute Otitis Media and Upper Respiratory Infections in Children