SCHEDULING STATUS: Complementary medicine
PROPRIETARY NAME (dosage form): Silverlab Ionic Colloidal Silver Liqui-gel (Liquid gel)
COMPOSITION: Each 10ml of Liqui-gel contains Ionic+ Colloidal Silver 18 ppm (D5) in deionised purified water 9.98ml with Keltrol 0.2%.
- Gargle: To soothe sore throat and tonsils, mouth sores and mouth ulcers while promoting healing. To serve as a hygienic barrier to help prevent acquiring infections, and treat microbial infections and oral thrush.
- Topical use: To assist with the management of sunburn, burns, wounds, scrapes, vaginal thrush and conjunctivitis.
- Also refer to the Bodymap™ on the Silverlab website www.silverlab.co.za.
Hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients.
Pregnancy and Lactation
Not applicable for topical use. For oral intake, although no adverse reactions have been reported, safety during pregnancy and breastfeeding has not been established.
Mouth sores, mouth ulcers (oral pharyngeal thrush), sore throat and tonsils: Gargle and swish 10ml 4 to 8 times per day between teeth for 2 minutes before spitting into basin. 10ml can be swallowed daily for chronic use. Or use as directed by your Healthcare Practitioner.
May also be used as eye, ear and nose drops.
- Hygienic barrier: Pour 5ml onto palm of hand, apply to face and into nostrils and on lips, which may help as first line of defence against colds and flu.
- Topical use: Apply topically to affected area 2 to 3 times per day or as directed by your Healthcare Practitioner.
- Vaginal thrush: Apply topically and as a douche as often as required. If the condition of sore throat and tonsils does not improve within 3 days, please consult your Healthcare Practitioner.