Accidents happen – and open wounds, abrasions and lacerations in children are all part of growing up!What have you got in your cubby hole (glove compartment), handbag or first aid kit to treat those around you when they fall? Do you know how to treat an open wound, abrasions, or lacerations without scarring?
Colloidal silver is an inexpensive healing agent and disinfectant which has countless uses.
And since it’s a powerful, natural antibiotic and preventative against infections, it’s effective in treating open wounds, abrasions and lacerations as well!
Healing burn wounds
The skin is the body’s largest organ. It serves as the first line of defence against infection. Therefore, a serious burn on the skin is one of the most traumatic injuries that the body can sustain.
There are three basic classifications of burns on the skin:
First-degree burns affect only the outer layer of the skin, causing redness and sensitivity to the touch. Sunburn is usually a first-degree burn.
Second-degree burns extend somewhat into underlying skin layers, and are characterised by redness, blistering and acute pain.
In third-degree burns, the entire thickness of the skin and possibly underlying tissues, such as muscle, are destroyed. The skin may be red, or it may be white or yellowish, or leathery and black. There is usually little or no pain because the nerves in the skin are severely damaged. Third degree burns must be treated by trained healthcare professionals in an emergency care facility.
How do I use Silverlab products to treat wounds?
Keep a 100ml bottle of Silverlab Liquid spray in your handbag and in your car.
Scrub out and rinse any grid or sand from the open wound, abrasion or laceration as soon as possible with copious amounts of Silverlab Liquid. You might feel a bit of pain. Rather endure a bit of pain now so that you don’t have to put up with the pain from a septic wound.
If the open wound needs stitches, visit your medical professional, otherwise cover the area with Silverlab Healing Gel and keep clean.
Keep the open wound, abrasion or laceration moist with colloidal silver by spraying every now and then with Silverlab Liquid or re-applying the Healing Gel. This could be done hourly or whenever needed.
This will help prevent scarring and will also stop the wound, abrasion or laceration from cracking when a scab form. Most people who use colloidal silver for wound treatment report little or no scarring.
How can 1st and 2nd degree burns be treated?
- Cool a first- or second-degree burn at once to reduce pain and swelling. Immerse the area in cool water or use cool compresses for a minimum of ten minutes. DO NOT use ice water or ice cubes. The best would be to cool it down with Silverlab Liquid.
- Hygiene is very important when dealing with all types of burn.
- Keep burn injuries elevated to minimize swelling and promote healing.
- Watch for signs of infection, odour, pus, or extreme redness in the area of the burn. Protect the injury from exposure to the sun.
- Drink plenty of fluids throughout the healing phase.
- Treat the burn from the outside with Silverlab Healing Gel, and from the inside by drinking large amounts of Silverlab Liquid.
Silver lab products are available at leading pharmacies, health shops and online stores without a prescription.
Get yours today!